8 Jan 2013

Confessions of a Massage Therapist

Yes, my hands are as big as my head. Thank you for noticing.
Not a bold statement but perhaps a large one: I have Mani Magnus. No, this is not the latest mani/pedi trend nor is it a contagious condition that requires me to wear gloves at all times.

I was not born this way. My developing knowledge of Latin anatomy terms and vigorous use of my hand muscles providing massage therapy have caused the change. I don't miss my regular old hands; I figure Mani Magnus (aka: "big hands") are a career advantage given the profession I am in.

In fact, I'm rather proud of my protruding paws, my pronounced appendages; it took me many hours (3000-plus to be precise) of manual and cerebral labour to get these manis where they are today.

Book an appointment today to experience these Mani Magnus at work for you!
Dana

Meanwhile, beneath the skin...
Nothing broken after a cycling accident
but check out my proportions!


I wonder if Jerry Seinfeld's date ever considered a career in massage therapy?
 "Man hands" do come in handy in the treatment room!






7 comments:

  1. Funny post Dana,

    Just wondering how you came to this conclusion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first started to notice in photos of myself and now looking down upon the live specimens, I can see that my hand muscles have indeed hypertrophied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! made me laugh! may your mani magnus take you on many good journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya sister. These potters' mitts are a sight to behold! Mani Mangus Maximus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hands actually can get bigger from overuse. One of my friends is also a massage therapist and her hands definitely did grow after she became qualified, and started to do it full time. It's all the muscles you develop :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really touched by your story. It is amazing how you have embraced this change and used it to enhance your career. I know that Mani Magnus makes it easy for you to give your clients the massage that they are looking for. I also like the fact that you have no desire to change your Mani Magnus.

    ReplyDelete